When looking for a new home, whether as your residence or as an investment property, it’s important to look at all available options, including new construction. An older home has its own advantages, but one typically comes with hidden costs in the form of needed repairs. And some of those repairs can be quite expensive. Brand new homes in Harrisburg, NC, may cost a little more upfront, but they also offer many benefits that could save you money in the long term.
Here’s what you can expect from a new construction home:
- Everything is sparkling new. The water heater won’t quit working, the roof won’t leak, all the windows fit properly, the furnace is brand new, and so on. There should be no expensive repairs for a long time – not in the first five years, at least.
- New homes often come with guarantees or warranties. If something malfunctions or breaks down, it’s not your problem. It’s up to the builder to fix it, and at no cost to you. Some features like windows and doors may come with longer warranties. The new appliances that come with a recent construction are also covered by warranties. Make sure you know what is covered and for how long.
- They come with the latest features
There have been numerous breakthroughs in home technology in recent years, including energy-efficient appliances, smart home systems, and water efficient fixtures. Many new homes are built with these upgraded features, along with the latest and most sought-after design trends, such as high ceilings, open floor layouts, granite countertops, and others.
Most new developments also provide buyers with customization options. If you want to save on costs, you can choose simpler and less expensive finishes. Depending on the builder’s available options, you can also do some modifications on the layout.
- They conform with the latest safety codes and standards.
Because newly-built homes follow the latest government codes and regulations, you’re assured of better safety and health conditions for you and your family, including better indoor air quality, fire protection, water quality, and so on.
- New construction neighborhoods often come with many perks. They tend to have good roads, nice sidewalks, new parks, and better security. Plus, depending on the development, they can also feature exclusive amenities, such as swimming pools, clubhouses, hiking trails, and more. Most of these neighborhoods are also developed in convenient locations, close to schools, groceries, or downtown areas.
Why work with a Realtor in buying a new construction home
You’ll find a number of new homes in Concord, NC and nearby areas, within fantastic new neighborhoods with everything you can ask for. If you’re interested in one, work with a Realtor who can represent you. While you can transact with the builder’s agent, remember that these agents will always have the builder’s interests in mind, first and foremost.
On the other hand, your real estate agent will always look after what’s best for you. They can guide you through the entire process, including:
- Finding the right property
- Negotiating. An experienced Realtor will be aware of points for negotiation that you may not know about.
- Finding a lender
- Helping you with the paperwork
- Keep track of the progress of the construction, making sure everything is as agreed with the builder.
It’s also important to keep in mind that just because you’re purchasing a new property doesn’t mean you can skip property inspection. Your real estate agent will help to make this happen, as well.
Interested in a new construction home in Concord, Harrisburg, or nearby NC communities? We at The Gallagher Group at Southern Homes will be happy to help. Call us today at 704.960.0009, or leave us a note here.